Papilloma virus is a common name for a family of viruses that can cause papillomas and warts on the human body and cause the development of cervical or genital dysplasia.
That is why it is important to start treatment for the papilloma virus and the papillomas themselves at an early stage. We will see how to do this in the next article.
Causes of occurrence
The main cause of the appearance and development of papilloma is HPV - the human papillomavirus. However, this is far from the only factor. Papillomas can appear as a result of the following phenomena:
- stressful or depressive states;
- reduced immunity;
- promiscuous sex or neglect of contraceptives;
- alcohol abuse;
- tendency to infectious diseases;
- prolonged diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- undergoing treatment with strong medicines (for example, antibiotics).
If the basic rules of hygiene are not observed, the risk of neoplasms increases in public recreation areas - saunas, beaches, baths or swimming pools.
How to treat papillomas
Treatment of papilloma with modern medicine is rather quick and painless. There are a number of techniques for this which differ in terms of impact, quality and cost.
In most cases, the patient can choose for himself which method is suitable for him, but sometimes the doctor's recommendations have to be followed if the situation is difficult.
This method is considered to be the most effective and the safest. Its advantages include:
- no mechanical damage to the skin, which eliminates the appearance of scars;
- speed of healing;
- no bleeding after removal;
- speed of withdrawal (the procedure takes less than a minute);
- 100% sterility and safety;
- painless thanks to the control of the exposure temperature level.
However, not everyone can treat papilloma with a laser. Among the contraindications to this method, a woman is distinguished by pregnancy, as well as a fresh tan at the site of the papilloma, cancer, viral diseases, the presence of herpes at the site of the neoplasm.
Common treatments for HPV include electrocoagulation. This method is used to remove various benign tumors on the human body and involves applying current to the affected area. The specificity of the procedure can be expressed in the following aspects:
- Since the removed material is not completely destroyed, after removal the specialist can analyze it for danger to the patient in the future. For example, if there are symptoms of cancer, it is imperative to analyze the material.
- Suitable for all ages and skin types.
- Constant visual control and the possibility of adjusting the parameters offer an individual approach to the organization of the procedure.
- A fairly quick procedure, requiring up to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the training.
- No infection or bleeding.
- A relatively inexpensive method.
If the electrocoagulation is not organized properly, scarring may appear at the ablation site and the likelihood of relapse is high. In addition, the procedure is relatively painful, and the healing period after it is longer than after the others and can be up to 10 days.
To cure the papilloma so that it does not appear again, that is, to minimize the risk of relapse, you can use liquid nitrogen.
At the start of the procedure, the low temperatures punctually affect the damaged area of the skin without touching the healthy area, and then the removal takes place. The action of low temperatures begins instantly, which significantly shortens the process. In this case, the patient does not feel pain.
Moxibustion with liquid nitrogen is not recommended only in cases where the size of the neoplasm is more than 1 cm or there are skin diseases located next to the papilloma.
Chemistry against virus
Medicine offers treatment for HPV and chemical methods. This option is more aggressive than the others, however, not the most. It consists in the fact that the papilloma is cauterized by a strong chemical substance, which includes salicylic acid or a similar ingredient, after which it becomes covered with a scab for several days, and finally the scab soon falls off.
Despite the fact that the method is even used to remove neoplasms on the genitals or neck, its use is painful, requires special care and significantly increases the risk of scarring and other negative consequences.
In this case, the papilloma is cut with a scalpel under local anesthesia. The downside to this technique is, first of all, the healing process - after all, it's about wearing a compression bandage.
At the same time, the main advantage of the method is that it allows high-quality removal of neoplasms of any size and depth.
Treatment of papilloma with folk remedies
Distrust of modern medicine and other reasons lead people to treat human papillomavirus at home. For this, no medication is needed - nature will help you in everything.
Tea tree or wormwood oils have an antiviral effect. They help get rid of neoplasms due to their unique composition and regular use.
An important condition is to apply oil to the damaged area in a timely manner, avoiding contact with healthy areas. Consistency is also important. A quality effect can only be achieved with daily use.
You should not resort to this method if the patient has an individual allergy or intolerance to the oil.
The method of removing celandine is better than any tablet - it has a powerful effect at home thanks to the burning effect of its juice. At the same time, fresh natural plant juice is the most effective option.
Cauterize the papilloma every day, and depending on its depth and size, you can get rid of it within 15 to 30 days.
The technique is not recommended for people with sensitive skin, as the risk of irritation is high.
Why salicylic acid is effective against neoplasms:
- suppression of the secretion of sweat and sebaceous glands;
- neutralization of the focus of inflammatory processes.
To make the acid work better, spray the damaged area before the procedure and wash it well with lye or toilet soap. HPV will only respond to exposure with regular exposure before bedtime.
Castor oil treatment
This folk method is considered the most effective and safe. However, it is important to work properly with:
- Soak a cotton ball in castor oil and rub the shoot with massaging movements. The action should be repeated up to 5 times a day.
- For better effect, the papilloma is sealed with a bandage from above.
With the best result, it will be possible to rid the skin of "accumulations" within 3 to 5 days.
Kerosene and nut treatment
A mixture of kerosene and nuts will help get rid of a neoplasm in 7 days. It is prepared as follows:
- Take green nuts and kerosene in a ratio of 2: 1.
- The nuts are crushed and placed in a jar, filled with refined kerosene.
- The solution is well filtered and stored in a dark place.
The affected area should be treated daily morning and evening.
It is recommended to use hydrogen peroxide as the main drug with multifunctional action. There are 2 ways to treat it:
- Classic. Every day, 2 times a day, the papilloma is treated punctually with hydrogen peroxide as much as necessary. Sometimes the treatment can last up to 1 month.
- Compression. Once a day, a gauze or cotton swab is moistened with hydrogen peroxide and applied as a gauze to the damaged area. It is important to change the compress once a day.
This method has been proven to be painless and effective, however, it is important to consider that hydrogen can cause irritation, especially on sensitive skin.
Which doctor treats papillomas
Several specialists are involved in the treatment of papillomavirus at the same time:
- Oncologist. To exclude the risk of the development of oncological diseases at the site of removal or to prevent the danger if the neoplasm is of poor quality, it is the oncologist who makes the primary diagnosis.
- Dermatologist or cosmetologist. Specialists in this field are engaged in the removal of papilloma where cosmetic "jewelry" work is required - face, neck, shoulders, chest.
- Surgeon. Complex procedures and ablation methods (eg surgical) should be performed by a professional surgeon to avoid complications.
- Dermatovereologist. This specialist treats and diagnoses papillomas of the genital area.
Usually, they turn to dermatologists for the initial diagnosis, and for subsequent diagnosis, if there is a suspicion of malignant formation, to the oncologist.
Treatment of human papillomavirus infection is not always limited to removing neoplasms. If the virus has already spread in the body, the fight process may take a long time. That is why it is better to neutralize and prevent disease than to cure it. For this, doctors have developed a number of useful preventive measures:
- Avoid bad habits as much as possible, especially alcohol consumption.
- Always protect yourself during sex, including anal and oral sex. Remember to be hygienic and be careful about sharing sex toys.
- In some cases, vaccination is carried out. It is possible to vaccinate from the age of 9 years, it is not very reactive and non-aggressive, does not require prior examination.
It is also recommended to have routine check-ups once a year in order to recognize the disease at an early stage. Statistics show that sexually active people by the age of 50, in one way or another, become infected with one of the forms of HPV in either active or passive form.
- "The ugly papilloma on my neck kept me from wearing dresses with bare shoulders, constantly made me uncomfortable. When I went to a dermatologist, he advised me to remove it with a laser - it scared me very much. Then I decided to remove the papilloma myself. I bought castor oil and rubbed the papilloma 3-5 times a day. After a few weeks, the papilloma started to shrink, then completely dried up. "
- "I did not immediately notice a papilloma in an intimate place: once walking there was discomfort, after which I paid attention. I was immediately scared and I turned to gynecology. There, the doctors examined everything, performed a visual analysis and concluded that the neoplasm was benign. I sighed calmly. I chose the laser removal method. The withdrawal took place quickly and did not hurt, now I no longer worry about my health, but I have decided not to give up the scheduled exams ".
- "A large papilloma on my leg kept me from living a long life: it was constantly rubbing against my clothes, causing painful sensations. Came to the decision to remove it. After the examination, the doctor said that for such large papillomas, only the method of surgical removal can be used. It scared me at first, but there was no choice. The intervention was performed under general anesthesia, no pain was felt. After removal, a small stain remained, but after a few weeks it was gone. I am completely satisfied. "